Wanted: large bags

malawiman

Good idea, thought about that. Problem is I need to move all at the same time and space will be a problem. I saw some large bags before and it was thick and will not be a problem using them. They use it for moving larger fish. Will use containers as last resort. I got some big poly containers to put bags in and will serve as back-up if bags leak.

Got about 100- 200 smaller ones to move aswell, but they can go in bags no problem. The large ones will have to be seperated so males don't give females hard time. Have containers to move the water I need to save and setup new tanks, but it will go on trailer. Do that week or so in advance, but don't want to risk it with fish on trailer. Will be happier to see them in back of car. :wink:

I agree big drums or containers are the best best.. however if stuck, we have also used very large thick plastic industrial type bags for oscars etc... They are out at my hubbys work (LFS)

These bags are brilliant, I will try and see if I can get you some and post them if you like? Anyway, let me know :D

When I did my last shift I bought a couple of those cheap plastic containers on wheels from the cheap shop. Did the job. The ones I got held around 100litres, just half filled them. Easy for 2 blokes to lift in vehicles.

I have battery air pumps too, jacked them up to sponge filters. So fish were good as gold for a little while.

Don't feed fish a day before shift too.

Frenchy :D

African, if you can get me some it will be choice. I will pay for both bags and shipping, let me know if you can get some.

I do believe the containers is the better option. I'll have to move all fish at one time and have huge poly boxes to put bags in. Space is the problem. Will need a few containers to seperate fish, if I bag them and put all in poly boxes I've got it will just fit.

Just asked hubby and they can spare about roughly 20.. bags, he will have to count them tomorrow, and you are more than welcome to them for free :D If you are able to pay postage I can send them through :D

And Frenchy we have done the same thing with those bins with wheels, they are awesome :)

Containers etc are the best way, especially the ones Frenchy mentioned on wheels, but if all else fails, the big thick industrial bags out at my hubbys work are awesome, have had great success shifting large fish in them, and they are very strong. So there is more than ONE way :D