Baby whistling tree frogs

Interfecus

I've kept fruitflies for my fish for quite a while, but I agree that they are very annoying in the terrarium. A few always escape but since they instinctively try to move upwards, any that climb into the salvia (the bushy plant on the left side) will stay there, wandering around in a maze of leaves, for hours on end. I try to tap them into that plant as it is also the frogs' favourite place to sit. The hopping can be annoying and most of them drown in the water dish but I've got plenty and the frogs catch enough of them to happily live on.

Have you found any easier foods to keep? The only other foods that I've tried are whiteworms (ignored) and baby nursery web spiders. Most of the baby spiders escaped and have made tiny webs all around my dad's house. Nobody really minds, and my two little half-sisters (aged 6 and 4) love them because they're reading Charlotte's Web now, but I'd prefer something more easily contained.

Hehe, Biosuppliers sells american cockroaches for about $2 each if you really want a pet.:)

I meant for feeding to the frogs ;P I can catch flies now, but when it comes to winter there is nothing. Do they not go after worms? I have seen baby crickets etc in the petshop, how hard are these to culture?

Cheers.

I think they do just fine without hibernating, though. The few things I read about making them hibernate gave me the impression it was a huge hassle and more of a novelty. You've got to slowly decrease the lighting time on them, along with the temperature over a month or two. I guess you could do it if you REALLY want to have frogs in your fridge.:)