Moving With Fish

Melanie

I'm trying to move from Wellington to Hamilton but haven't figured out how to get the fish there. Does anyone know how to move fish? I haven't driven for 2 years so I'm trying to find a service or some way to get the fish to Hamilton without my having to drive.

Any suggestions?

How is your other stuff getting there? If its going direct (no depot etc) you could just pack the fish.

Or if you can get someone to set up a tank in Hamilton, easiest way is to courier them overnight, thats how they get to the pet stores etc

Depending on the quantity and type of fish I might be able to help with that.

I'll try that pets on the net service.

My stuff is going through a depot, unfortunately, so I don't think the fish can come that way.

After 2 years living in NZ, couriers remain a mystery to me. I have yet to get a courier to come to my house to pick up anything and when I ask over the phone, they start talking to me as though I've just told them I've sprouted an extra head.

If you take them on the plane as Carry-on luggage, and you are unsure, juss have someone waiting there wif you, so if they do get taken away (and I cant really see that happening) then they can take them back wif them and place them back in a tank, and maybe they can send them up afterwards.

You can fly them up (if you cant find a Courier that will do it) but it will prolly cost you a fortune!

See, if I had someone to go with me, it wouldn't be a problem.

I wouldn't be begging for help on a public forum if I had people who could do this sort of thing for me. :) :oops:

Right now, I have found a pet mover who can move them, but I need someone who would watch them until 15 February when she can move them. The person would have to bring the fish and their packaged-up tanks to: meeting point in wellington, Haywoods turnoff on the upper hutt side on the morning of the 15th feb at 7am.