Bracing and filter inlet/outlets

maran

Hello all,

All those people with big Tanks and side bracing; how do u manage to install the cannister filter inlet pipes and outlet pipes/sprinkler tidy with a 5 cm bracing running around the tank ( I dont have a hole anywhere to let the pipes through.I find it is a bit of a job to bend the tube around bracing. It also means i cant fix the pipes steady to the glass and it hangs in there cos Im using many suction tubes to hold the inlet pipe where it should be.

Any suggestions to better it?

Can put up a picture if it will explain my problem better, but I assume some of you woud have had the same trouble before!

i had that same problem with my large tank, i ended up getting a fluval because their hoses are bendy (the dont have solid plastic U bends that hang over the bracing, its just one hose from the taps into the tank) which means you can adjust the width as you need to. you can DIY it to make most canisters inlet/outlet bends fit but i wasnt too keen on that.

This was a dilemma that we had to :lol:

We have two huge Aqua Ones running on our 8fter, and we were determined that we were going to make it work.. they come with the solid plastic U Bends.. so we had to cut them and alter them and silicon came very much in handy that day :lol: :lol:

Works like a dream tho, but oh the soft bendy bits would have been so much more easier :-? :lol: