Penguinleo's New Tank Development

penguinleo

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to you all :D The Torpedo barbs grow to around 15cm. Some say 20cm but somewhere around there. They are great aren't they? :lol: They all have different personalities. I am training them to feed off my hand. Should not be too hard as they are not afraid people walking around.

The Torpedo barb is one of the most peaceful barbs you can get. They do not bother any other fish in my tank, which includes dwarf cichlids, algae eaters, tetras, and cories. They are easily thr biggest fish in the tank and they are don't bother anyone. One thing you should note. When I first got these guys I bought 2. The slightly larger one started to harrass the smaller one and continously attack it. It was quite a problem so that is why I bought 2 more and now, the fighting has completely stopped. :P If you can only get 2 you might want to consider just one and if you are going to get more, the better.

• 1 month later...

Thought an update would be good :D

Here is my tank today. Many changes, too many to list. Some new fish, dwarf cichlid breeding has been going on, plants added and removed, CO2 unit removed.

photo009.jpg

I just thought this was a good photo.

photo012.jpg

Thanks for all your interests.

Hi penguinleo

I'm loving your tank! I have gone down the planted line and was very keen on more dwarf cichlids (I've seen pictures of yours plus some you had from TM), but have stuck with my one beautiful ram pair and bought my first (of 5) discus. I lovely San Merah called lucy. Will post some pictures of my set-up when I get my act together.

Regards, TGWH