Penguinleo's New Tank Development

penguinleo

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darn it....unfortunate that some members can't see the pics. :-?

But photobucket is so~ slow! It takes me over an hour to upload all the pics and stuff. :lol: Can anyone recommend me a good quick photo uploading site other than photobucket? And make sure the site is good enough so everyone can see?

Here is another go. Exactly the same pictures but hopefully they will show... :roll:

Mrs Schwartz

222010402.jpg

My green pine pearling

222010432.jpg

222012052.jpg

My new amazon sword. Echinodorus parviflorus 'Tropica'. Bought it as emersed form so should become more lush and larger.

222011594.jpg

Was planning to buy 5 Ottocinclus but my LFS had only 2 left. Here is one of them.

222011602.jpg

My Red Lotus. I bought a pretty large bunch. Had 10 leaves on it.. :D The red will become more intense in strong light.

222011609.jpg

222011598.jpg

222011605.jpg

222011603.jpg

222012053.jpg

222011600.jpg

Enjoy :bounce:

Pebas eh? Hmm...I will still call him MR Huallaga though. A good name. :D That is if he was still here... :( A few days ago, he went missing for 4 days. I searched the entire aquarium but he was no where to be seen. So I thought he jumped out and I searched all over but no luck. Unfortunately on the 4th day I found him all dryed up behind the aquarium...first time a fish jumped out for me...a bit sad really. Maybe I should get another pair from Phil.

Sorry. No updates yet. Well, the ambulia has reached the top. :lol: I am currently having trouble with a massive algae bloom in the water. I can't see anything through the left and right sides of my tank. All green. :-? I went to my LFS and talked to the staff about it they say it gets really annoying and hard to get rid of without affecting the biological bacteria. So I got a UV Sterilizer and am planning to install it today. Also a 45% water change tommorow. :roll: Really hating this. :(

< UPDATE (27/01/07): >

Quite significant changes with the tank and it's inhabitants. Here are some of the major changes that have occured:

*My Red Lotus has changed colour to a deep pinkish red. (Refer to previous page to compare the difference)

*The position of some plants have changed.

*Bit more algae here and there. :wink:

*Bought a UV Sterilizer (Pondmaster 9Watts) and managed to CLEAR the water from the major algae bloom! And no serious damage was inflicted on my plants or fish.

*Added some new fish: 1 more Otocinclus, 4 Tri-line (red line) Torpedo barbs. Very cool fish.. :D

*Added some new plants

*My female Apistogramma Peba jumped out of the tank a few days ago. Managed to save her just in time.. :o The male died by the way, (refer to previous page) and I bought another pair from Phil. Arriving on Tuesday.

And finally here are the photos. Used Photobucket this time so everyone should be able to enjoy! :bounce:

photo007.jpg

photo005.jpg

photo006.jpg

photo009.jpg

New Ozelot Sword

photo042.jpg

photo056.jpg

Moved to foreground

photo014.jpg

photo016.jpg

New UV Sterilizer powered by the canister filter. Took me at least two hours to get everything installed. :roll:

photo063.jpg

photo069.jpg

Tri-line (Red line) Torpedo Barbs

photo002.jpg

photo047.jpg

photo068.jpg

photo020.jpg

photo060.jpg

Will keep updating :wink:

Rosy barbs huh? I personally never kept any type of barbs besides these torpedo barbs and black line flying foxes. Do all barbs rip plants apart? :lol: Hope these Torpedos don't!

And adodge, I have a layer of fertiliser under the gravel. Not mixed together. The ground fert. seems to boost plants root growth significantly. Maybe even too much...I pulled out one of my amazon swords to replace it with a Ozelot sword and the root was at least 35cm long. And that was for a plant 1/3 that length. 8)