Hi guys

Karly

:hail: Hello great all-knowing ones! Obviously, as I'm writing in this area, I'm another new member. I have been browsing the site for a few weeks in my search for information on breeding wcmm and decided I might as well join as I have only been keeping fish for a year and am sure I will learn HEAPS from you guys.

I'm a 40 year old, married, mother of two boys (currently 3 and 5 years old). I live in Christchurch and am a stay at home Mother, but I also sell Avon part-time from home as well.

My tanks: 60 litre hexagonal tank containing two blue fantails (grey in colour), one red fantail and two small moors.

Aquaone CR320 28 litre tank containing one shubunken and two comets.

30 litre tank containing 7 white cloud mountain minnows which I am breeding from.

Anyway, that's me in a nut shell. Hope to hear from some of you and learn heaps over time. What a great resource for fishkeepers!

Hi Karly

Welcome. Aren't you lucky to live in Christchurch with all those great fish shops. I am jealous.

I'm sure you'll be glad you took the plunge and joined us. Sounds like you have a dose of MTS already. Congratulations :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jude

Thanks for the welcome Jude. I was wondering what MTS was through reading previous comments, but in the context you've sent to me ...now I click....it's something like Multiple Tank Syndrome....and yes, fishkeeping as I'm sure you know if VERY addictive....much to my husband's frustration...HA!!!

Thanks for the welcome Jude. I was wondering what MTS was through reading previous comments, but in the context you've sent to me ...now I click....it's something like Multiple Tank Syndrome....and yes, fishkeeping as I'm sure you know if VERY addictive....much to my husband's frustration...HA!!!

Welcome along :) Good luck with your WCMM!

Just wait until you start heating your tanks, then a whole new world appears :) We've recently just gone over 2000 litres of heated water. Upside is we dont need any heaters in the house! Its always cozy. hehe

Hi and welcome Karly. You have joined a great site with plenty of help. Breeding wcmms is easy. Contact Loopy. She too is a mum with young ones and is really into her fish, having bred quite a number of species. She recently started a new club in ChCh too and should be a lot of help.

Thanks Caryl for the info. Have sent Loopy a message.

Thanks for the welcome SpidersWeb....wow over 2000 litres - that is impressive!!!!! Sounds awesome. Just as well we don't have a bigger house as I could go crazy with tanks if I had the room!

• 3 weeks later...