What aulonocara is this?

kylefish02

I brought mine from their as aulonocara Sp
Oh well, at least they got the genus, :roll: just have to get the shops to work on species & location now. The joys of peacocks is that they are very hard to ID. Females impossible. If NZ has a limited number of species, it will narrow it down alot, or more than likely its just a hybrid.

Frenchy :D

And the problem with some places is, when they get the peacocks in from the suppliers, some shops have mixed them!! So it's impossible to know what females are belonging to what! Arrrrgggh :evil: :lol: That's why I prefer to order them in and collect them bagged OR buy from a shop who is set on keeping them in seperate tanks.

lol yeah thats usually my policy if they've got mixed peacocks then I wont get them or if I dont know what the male is by looking at him.. But these guys looked cool and I actually expected they were both males and would look cool in a display tank so I got them was half hoping they were not hybrids but half leaning towards that from looking around on the net but its cool they wont be bred from or sold as anything unless I can id them :)

Definately 8) My hubby ordered 10 in for me as soon as they were on the list, picked them up as soon as they reached the shop floor (still bagged) and we have the dominant male in with 5 females in a whole tank of their own.. nothing worse than mixing Peacocks, the only Peacocks we have mixed are males only and in the display tank for display purpose. The breeders are another story.