filter

quack

hey everyone, just got my new filter today (early xmas pressy)

:bounce:

its a rena xp3, great filter but a little noisey

anyway i need to mature it. i have it running on another tank that has been cycled, but how long till itll be ready??

also im going to be using it on my planted discus tank and was wondering what is the best way to have the water returning to the tank with out losing co2 or does it not make much difference?

should i use the spray bar and have it half way down the tank facing the glass?

how do other people have theres setup with there co2 injected tanks?

thanks for any help and merry xmas!

i also have the xp3 also and i love the setup options.

perhaps if your tank is deep enough dont use the outlet bend for the spray bar and having the spray bar go straight down? either that or just face the flow downwards.

as ant said with any turnover your going to be getting movement at the surface, you will just lessen it if you face it away from the surface :)

i have all my tanks in my room and my rena is most certanly noiser but i bought it second hand, i have read alot about them and it seems most of them are silent which is wierd. i have actually had to stuff the handles with socks, put poly around the base of the stand (its an open stand) and chuck my duvet over it so it doesnt annoy me- im one of those people that cant sleep with alot of noise though :lol: my fluval and jebao are quiet enough.

if its really annoying you take it back and try another

We have a 6ft Malawi set up right at the end of our bed , and we conditioned ourselves to any sort of noise :lol:

We have found the Aqua Ones pretty quiet, and we recently got 2 monster 2400 Aqua Ones for our big tank in the lounge, and they are amazingly quiet... no disturbed DVD watching :hail::hail: :lol: