Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

A. bitaeniata Biotope (kinda)

Featured Replies

After being inspired by the video HandS posted not so long ago, I thought I'd give my apisto's a new home (I felt a bare bottom with a pot can't have been very exciting for them).

Pretty much constructed from;

River sand

Broken up bits of driftwood (very fun to break up with tomahawk)

Dead leaves

Couple of clay pots underneath it

Java moss

Java fern 'windelov'

Anubias nana

Hairgrass here and there

I know the java moss/fern and anubias aren't from the amazon, but they seem to fit with the scheme of things.

PC150021.jpg

Front shot

PC150022.jpg

View from right hand side

PC150023.jpg

PC150036.jpg

Mr. B

PC150035.jpg

Mr and Mrs. B

There's some peat mixed in with the gravel and peatey water is put in each day to tint the water and lower the pH (just to make them feel like home).

Wow Ant looks fantastic. I commend you on your biotype efforts! We need to see more of this :D

Those fish look realllllly happy

  • Author

Thanks everyone, the tank's 60 long, 45 deep and 50 high. They don't really need the height so it's only about 1/2 to 3/4 filled. Tank is 135L all up so I'd say somewhere between 80-100L of water in there at a guess.

Congrats Antwan

All credit for your designing skills.

It appears the fish are as happy as pigs in poo and that's what matters.

I have always stated that we don't breed fish. :roll:

We create the atmosphere for them to feel that they are in their own biotype and they want to do at home what "we do at home". :oops:

It looks just like I imagine an "Apisto. River Bed" should be like. :wink:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.