Keen as to see some full tank shots ill show u minebutufirst

dogmatix

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Rollergirl, long time no see!

How's things going with your tank, hows that tiny little blue tang you had?

Hey, yep long time no see is right hehe, I've been laying low lately (been extremely busy at uni). The little tang unfortunately passed away to the big tank in the sky- I think in hindsight we probably weren't feeding enough, either that or a parasite of some sort as she was pretty skinny before she went :cry: This was a while ago now though.

On a better note the clowns and chromis are doing great. Tank full of softies now and still pumping out lots of coralline growth which is good seeing as it's still under those t8's! :lol: Oh and believe it or not- that pink monti you gave us is still hanging in there, in fact it's doubled in size since we got it-kind of got broken when we moved house though, but that's ok, now we have 2 pink monti :lol:

Anyway- the boy has now gone and bought us HelenMac's old 4 foot bay window tank, :bounce: (so funny how when I started my marine tank he was so against it, yet now he's completely obsessed and spends all his spare money and time on it! LOL) So we're just in the process of collecting LR, skimmers, lights etc and should hopefully have it up and running in the next couple of weeks. Still going to keep the little one going as a QT/softie tank, as they seem to do quite well in there.

Ok there's my long story! Unfortunately can't accompany it with pics as yet-despite spending $1000's on fishtanks we still haven't invested in decent technology to show them off! How embarassing :oops: As soon as we do get a camera I'll chuck some pic's in here to show everyone how they look. :D

Ok thread hijack over!! LOL xx

Sounds great, plus I hear you are doing marine biology! Lucky thing when I was young enough if I could have gone to uni i would have done that.

Yea, I'm really enjoying uni so far although haven't really got into the official marine studies yet, that starts in second year. Into fish physiology and whatnot through my animal bio paper though.

I'd say I'll probably be at uni for quite some time as I want to take it to at least an MSc level...that way I can do my own original research. :bounce: Not really looking forward to 4 more years of being broke though!!! :-?