Keen as to see some full tank shots ill show u minebutufirst

dogmatix

I'm seriously impressed with everything thats out there...Well done

:hail:

Heres my tank. Sorry about the heater on the front glass. I pretty much just put everything in the tank without arranging it properly after I moved it. I plan of setting everything up properly when I upgrade to my 2 foot cube :D probably happen around late feb.

DSC01859net.jpg

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evil I checked out your album, corals are coming along nicely. Looking a little light starved though once you get some more light things will be better.

Some means of nutrient export such as rowaphos ( for example ), would do wonders for the tank also, probably pay to do that before adding more light, just to make sure no algae starts growing.

That's unless you are going to get that good quality skimmer which would take care of the nutrients.

Thanks for that guys.

Wasp, They will well and truely be light starved, They only have a 15W light on them :oops: I plan on going to rotorua on sunday i think, so will buy some rowaphos then if you think it would be good.

I have that skimmer of shaneo i think i wil use on the cube, not good quality, but better than nothing. I wouldnt mind a deltec mce300 8) But like thats guna happen yet!!!

KP, I did have a think about vodka, but im not too sure what to do with it etc. Im only 16 8) so would have to get the olds to buy it :lol: Can you enlighten me slightly with some vodka threads on here or articles etc?? I know it is a well debated topic!!

Rogan

I just *have* to comment lol

(been lurking and appreciating all the fantastic tanks btw!)

I can see how the conversation will go:

Evilknieval: Can you buy me some Vodka Dad?

Dad: Why do you want vodka?

Evilknieval: Its for my marine fish

Dad: Yeah....right....you gotta try harder than that son

:lol:

I just *have* to comment lol

(been lurking and appreciating all the fantastic tanks btw!)

I can see how the conversation will go:

Evilknieval: Can you buy me some Vodka Dad?

Dad: Why do you want vodka?

Evilknieval: Its for my marine fish

Dad: Yeah....right....you gotta try harder than that son

:lol:

After that i go hit up the old lady :wink:

Is that a big toadstool leather at the top centre left?? :lol: (great explanation skills i know)

Yes it is, you have a little baby one in one of your pics, that big one is how it will end up, (if it gets some more light) and they even get quite a lot bigger than that.

I have that skimmer of shaneo i think i wil use on the cube, not good quality, but better than nothing. I wouldnt mind a deltec mce300 8) But like thats guna happen yet!!!

Rogan

Yes do use it, it will do something, especially if you use some vodka. A good starting point for vodka is 1 ml per day per hundred litres.

Your Dad may not have an issue if he knows it's all in the cause of science! :lol:

No chance of scoring a nice skimmer as a Christmas present?

Yes it is, you have a little baby one in one of your pics, that big one is how it will end up, (if it gets some more light) and they even get quite a lot bigger than that.

Thought so!! I like mine, cos its only like 3 cm acros when fully out and extended 8) Once i get it under the halide it wont take long to grow im sure....

Don't worry evil. They also forgot me but as I am about to show you would probably all wished you never saw it hehe.

I have had my first go at cutting mushrooms and so far so good. They are in the floating trap as you can see as it was the only way I could keep a good eye on them and let them attach with out to much water flow to the coral rubble. Only have a few things in there which are snails (cats eyes snails are doing a wonderful job at cleaning one spot ($#&$#^^@) of the rock and I hope they will move out soon and do the rest of the rock. Two hermit crabs, glass shrimp and an oyster which has a yellow sponge attached to it. I don't know how long it will last in there but it seems to be opening and closing when ever something touches it.

Well here is my horrit shot :roll: :oops:

ftssalt.jpg

See Ira I am the one that should be packing up and selling lol.