Does Anyone know....

DiverJohn

Hi guys ( and girls) Does anybody have a "Tronic" Heater like this one???

I have a wee issue in that the + & - markings have worn off the dial.

I have marked on the pic what i think is correct, turning the dial anti- clockwise lowers the temp (hence the minus would be on the left hand end of the dial). The red arrow is the fixed mark on the body of the heater

Any help appreciated.

John

HeaterSmall.jpg

if you have a tank that is up to temp or use a bucket of water around normal tank temp, wind it all the way one way so it would be either very hot or cold. If the thermostat turns it on then you have wound it to the hot setting & cold setting it should not turn on. Thats my theory anyway & it may be floored but may be worth trying.

Can you not see the bi-metal strip that does the make/break action.

Use a tank of known temp and adjust the setting on the h/stat using this method.

But it does depend on if you can see that metal arm of course.

Alan 104

Tronics don't have that strip. :D

maybe you could get a bucket of water from one of your tank knowing what temp it is so that it is within the range of the heater. then place heater in bucket and turn knob right and left and see which way makes the light turn on and off, then the direction you turn it to prompt the red (heating now) light that will be the way to turn the temp up :D