big tank project

Thunderstorm

thanx every one for you comments :)

Mr Aro says thanx too lol

Yup the kids had fun cleaning it, htey thought it was a hoot

Fishboi - the dimensions of the tank are starting from the right side looking at it, its a odd shape, 560mm right - 4200mm front - 1260mm left - 5760mm back - 1230mm tall. Approx 3000 litres

yup there is 2 the other is about a 1/2 bigger in volume but that one i will be removing the glass panel and making a new tank the same way these are made, wood frame, poly walls covered in fibreglass,

the new one will be approx 6000 x 4000 x 1600 mm to give a volume of approx 38000 litres, might go smaller with the width to keep it the size of a car trailor so i can still move it when needed.

Mr Aro is in his new home and has loads more room, not so cramped like in his little 6 footer lol

Thanx heaps :)

• 2 months later...

Cheers Boi

Over the weekend we added 2 new tank mates, 2 plecos.

Big thanx to Whetu and Xukev for having them for sale :)

They are awesome plecos and have settled in well, though Mr Aro likes to watch them with interest but i know he is thinking about how he can make them his next meal lol

Both are about 8 inches long at a guess.

i was using a pool filter but flagged that idea, So now the water get drawn through the gravel into 4" tall baskets connected by 2" tubes and then makes its way through the baskets into the uptake and out to a trickle filter and pumped back again. Heating is via a spa pool heater which is on very little i might add due to the poly walls in the tank.