CamnBron from Whakatane

camnbron

Hi everybody!

We got our first freshwater community tank (Aquaone AR-620) a few months ago, that lasted three weeks before I wanted something bigger so got an Aqua nova 240L tank. Both are community tanks.

The smaller one currently has our 2 new little discus' (new zealand discus man), and a couple of bottom dwelling scum suckers (plecos) in it.

The larger one has 2xgolden rams 2x blue faced apisto's 3xdwarf gurami's

1xmale betta 7x neons 4x harlequins 5x prescillas 1x pleco 1x golden algae eater and an albino catfish

I happened to stumble upon this site about a month ago and have been learning heaps from you all.

It is beginning to dawn on me that this is not a cheap thing to get into.

Fun though! :D

Welcome to the FNZAS forum Cam.

I'm a neighbor of yours, (you lucky thing,) I'm also located in Whakatane.

If you are interested in joining a club that has something to do with your new found hobby, there is one in the TePuke - Tauranga area.

I'm sure Sharn or one of the others will come in here and give you some indications about it.

Alan 104

If you are interested in joining a club that has something to do with your new found hobby, there is one in the TePuke - Tauranga area.

I'm sure Sharn or one of the others will come in here and give you some indications about it.

As Alan said, you are more than welcome to join the Western Bay Aquarium society. We are a group of Enthusiasts who meet once a month. If you would like more info, feel free to send me a PM and i can send you the latest newsletter for the club.

Oh, and welcome to the forums

Rogan

Thanks for the welcome from you all,

Its neat looking through the posts and seeing all the wicked tank set-ups. The only problem is now I am liking the idea of salt water tanks!!! :o

No doubt I will be pestering my Fiancee for permission to get another tank in the future! Garanteed to be a goer if there is a clown fish in the mix (thanks finding Nemo!)

Aargh the bug! the bug!

But I will just keep enjoying the set up we have now and waiting.......

Hi and welcome. My advice would be to shut your eyes whenever you see a marine tank and slap yourself whenever you think about them ........ If you think tropicals are expensive, wait till you see what marine tanks can cost :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yup, cheers for that.

From what I read in the posts and the newsletter I really missed the boat on the last meeting. Sounds like Peter had an awesome experience, its not everyday somebody comes across new species. We as a species are more likely these days to destroy not discover. :(

• 6 months later...

Thought we should post a picture of our Freshwater tank (currently building a marine tank)

It is an Aquanova tank, 240Litres with an Aquaone CF1200 Canister filter.

Current inhabitants are: 2xgolden rams 2x blue faced apisto's 2xdwarf gurami's 1x redtail shark 4x neons 4x harlequins 5x prescillas 2x pleco 2x turq discus runts (have not grown in 9months) 2x red melon discus and 2 albino catfish

Freshwater1.jpg

I gave the trickle filter it came with the boot in favour of the CF1200 - much better.