yay..i have eggs!!!

meggy

Came home from work today to find my female fighter had escaped the partition i set up in the tank..and my new male tending over his bubblenest full of eggs! :D

Removed the female (with no nipped fins or damage) back to her tank and left dad to it. Was a little surprised at the speed and ease with which this all happened considering i thought i was taking it all a little slower..obviously they had other plans!

Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well and they don't get eaten or fungused. The one and only other sucessful spawn i had was 9 months ago..and the mum is one of those babies. I'm one very excited person right now :D <---- Meggy's goofy grin from ear to ear!

Fins crossed Meggy!

I am about to acquire a red male fighter as some people are moving and can't take the fishes. I know someone who wants one but hasn't anywhere to put him yet so I will fish-sit him until they are able to take him. No female for him though. Perhaps I ought to get one! :D

I am not a fan of fighters particularly.

day 2...

So far, so good. Still have eggs. Unfungused ones! :D

The dad has moved them all to one area of the bubblenest and keeping a very close eye on them. Still spitting lots of bubbles into the nest. It is HUGE!

The dad is an orangey/red crowntail and the mum is purpleish (sometimes she looks plain with just a hint of colour but in the right light she's very very purple)..she came from a turquoise dad and a red cambodian mum.

Not going to speculate on colours here til I have some live babies to feed! (trying so hard not to get too excited..its not working though) :D I don't know anything about fishy genetics although i'd like to learn. Been reading a lot about it..but retaining what i've read is the hard part.

I'm afraid the fish bug has bit real hard this time..I'm busting my guts to get back to the fish shops and find more fish i just HAVE to have!

What a great place this is...none of my friends will listen to me getting excited over my fish..they just think im insane :-?

Thank's guys

day 2...

So far, so good. Still have eggs. Unfungused ones! :D

The dad has moved them all to one area of the bubblenest and keeping a very close eye on them. Still spitting lots of bubbles into the nest. It is HUGE!

The dad is an orangey/red crowntail and the mum is purpleish (sometimes she looks plain with just a hint of colour but in the right light she's very very purple)..she came from a turquoise dad and a red cambodian mum.

Not going to speculate on colours here til I have some live babies to feed! (trying so hard not to get too excited..its not working though) :D I don't know anything about fishy genetics although i'd like to learn. Been reading a lot about it..but retaining what i've read is the hard part.

I'm afraid the fish bug has bit real hard this time..I'm busting my guts to get back to the fish shops and find more fish i just HAVE to have!

What a great place this is...none of my friends will listen to me getting excited over my fish..they just think im insane :-?

Thank's guys

Thanks Robbo..I'll try this morning to curb my enthusium and just post this the once :lol: ..gonna be hard though... :D:D:D Today we have babies, lots and lotsa little hairlike jumping babies, falling from the nest and leaping back up. The dad is watching and saving the ones that don't bounce back up straight away. There didn't look to be that many eggs when i had my nose pressed up against the tank looking at them...but now i see all the tails theres a few more than i thought.

Now to keep them all alive!

Hi Alan,

Thier water isn't much over that..the tank isnt quite half full and I did notice one that made it to the bottom spring back up to the top..i might syphon out a little more though. Thanks for that..will go do it before work. Have a great day all :D

babies are now 6 days old. Loads of them!!

Looking more like fish than pieces of hair with eyes! The dad is busily building another bubblenest in another tank which is not going to get him anywhere right now. One spawn at a time is all i can handle!

Thinking tomorrow I might give them some baby brineshrimp. They are looking big enough to tackle some! :D

• 1 year later...