Everything posted by absynthe
-
Baby bettas found!
smallest baby found dead, other two doing great and growing fast. how big sould they be at 2.5 months? thanks
-
Baby bettas found!
the largest of the three has developed a slight pink with blue tips, the two smaller appear to be apricot. the dad, Thor, died a few days ago...I still cant figure out what he died from. I'm glad I've got his bubbies to carry on his name!
-
Baby bettas found!
The bubs are growing really well, two are 1cm now (incl tail) and are starting to show the first signs of colour. the father is a light cream/apricot so I'm not worried if the colour doesnt pick up! I just aquired two crowntail cream females..will attempt a spawn with the cream veiltail when I get back from oz.
-
Baby bettas found!
I've separated the male with hurricane glass as I have no where else to move him. the babies seem to have perked up since the water change.. how often should I change the water, and what is the best temp to keep the water at? its at 28deg c at the mo. cheers for the tips
-
Baby bettas found!
ooooh plus, as they are free swimming should I remove dad? just thinking he may eat them...
-
Baby bettas found!
I was just cleaning my opaque celophane's small tank after 3 unsuccessful attempts to spawn (first on xmas day - my male ate all of the bubs as soon as they hatched. 2nd try - empty death rolls so gave female a week or so to recover, 3rd try she released the eggs with no fertilization.) I took out the plants and started vaccuming out the crap when I spotted a tiny baby! at first I thought it was dead but when dad came near it darted away. I then found 2 more babies, one a lot smaller than the other 2 (biggest including tail is 5mm). I have no idea how they could have survived the first spawning as I did a complete clean after that...?? I'm fairly baffled!!! plus I havent been feeding them as I didnt know they existed, and the water was pretty bad! Can someone tell me how fast they grow and how big they should be at certain times, maybe I can work out how old they are? thanks in advance!
-
Need HElp On Finding Good Quality Bettas
k Ive given up on the idea of importing...does anyone know of a good breeder in Auckland? I'm looking for crowntails and maybe HMs. thanks
-
Need HElp On Finding Good Quality Bettas
I don't know what charges...I'm just enquiring what the chrages are that Kim is talking about.
-
Need HElp On Finding Good Quality Bettas
interesting....what if you dont have a certified quarantine facility? and what are the charges? thanks
-
pink betta need some help
hi kim...where do you hold your northshore fish club meetings, and how much are the meetings? I would come along tonight but I have work at 6pm when will the next one be?
-
Need HElp On Finding Good Quality Bettas
cool so...I am arranging the importation of 2 - 4 bettas, what would I have to go through to ensure that they arrive? (forms and so forth). I have heard that whatever MAF do to them they usually die, is this true?? (sounds a bit bogus). also, what are the costs that you mentioned in the previous post? thanks a lot, I need someone to clarify a few things for me!
-
Need HElp On Finding Good Quality Bettas
whats the deal with importing? I read the MAF pages and they hold the fish in quarantine for 6 weeks and use a chlorine based disinfectant on them...would that not kill them? If someone could run through the proceedure with me that would be excellent...having a very hard time getting through to the office! thanks
-
pink betta need some help
I have a pink male...well...orange face, through to pinky body and more pinky purple tail. He's a crowtail and gorgeous...Ive never seen anything like him.
-
Adult brineshrimp
okay, thanks for the tip. I'll do that for the next lot! cheers & Happy New Year!
-
Adult brineshrimp
I had turned it down by that stage as they had hatched...there was slight circulation of the water but not strong enough to prevent the BS from moving towards the bottom.
-
Adult brineshrimp
I had aeration, an airstone 3/4 of the way down the bottle. I turned it down an brought it 1/4 of the way down when they began to hatch. cool...off to the beach then...
-
Adult brineshrimp
No I wasnt looking at the shells...they were floating. The BS hatched, swam around like mad for a while in big swarms at the bottom. I went to the supermarket and by the time I got back they were lifeless at the bottom, no movement! can someone confirm if seawater can be used, or if it needs to be treated before using? cheers
-
Adult brineshrimp
how long does it take them to mature into adults? I hatched some yesterday and they died within an hour! I used 'table' sea salt in a coke bottle with a heat lamp (about 80f) and an airstone. will try with seawater..any other suggestions?
-
yay..i have eggs!!!
thanks for the tip, how is it used? cheersies
-
yay..i have eggs!!!
how do you prevent fungus from attacking the eggs? cheers