Fish shops heading down south

ljtan55

So I'm thinking about going down south from Auckland to Palmeston North next weekend. I'm probably gonna drag everyone carpoolin with to me all the fish shops I can find heading down, so if anyone has any recommendations for good stopovers for fish places on the trip down I'll be a happy chappy.

I've heard Palmy has wet pets, so I'll be heading there. Oh and if anyone needs stuff delivered from AKL to palmeston north, will be happy to help as long as its not too troublesome - i.e; plants are all good. I'm leaving Fri night, coming back Sun afternoon.

Tirau - Tropical Blues

Tauranga - Quite a few.

I am sure people will let you know about those ones

Rotorua - Wonderworld

Napier - Deco City Pets

Hastings - Aqua Fever

Palmy - Wet Pets

Animates?

You didn't specify which route you were going to go :roll:

I'm not sure what route I'm using yet, I guess whatevers gets me there the fastest, but I won't mind making a detour for good fish stores 8) Wellington was on the list, but I think the people coming with me will club me if I bring up an extra 3 hours driving for a fish detour :roll:

Brookfield ei? Sounds interesting, wouldn't mind popping in just to see whats it all about :D

Offers still open, if anyone in palmy wants anything from the fish shops here. PM if ya want something. Will be down most of sat and half of sun

:lol: @ SW, i dont like furry humans either though- especially back hairs *shudders* :lol: yeah FH = flowerhorn.

i dont know the fastest route to palmy either but if you go the auckland to tga route via waihi etc you will see carine on the main hiway. im not sure if the other way would take you to rotarua but wonderworld is highly reccomended (might be best to stop in there on the way back cause you'll wana load the car up :lol: )

• 3 weeks later...

Hi i dont now why you guys wont to bash brookfield pets. I have found the new owner to be very pleasnt and acomodating and will gladly source stock of any kind and he is always willing to do a deal. I do shop there regulary however but again this is due to willingness to help. Unlike the previous owner i stopped going. But yeah well worth a look.