so... who has the biggest fish?

Gannet

If you've always fancied keeping really big fish but never thought you had the room to house them, go down to the newsagents and buy yourself a copy of the latest issue of Practical Fishkeeping, which came out today. Inside you'll see how reader Jack Heathcote overcame this particular problem.

Unlike most people who have built enormous tanks, Jack didn't glaze the spare room and fill it with water. He tried something much more adventurous. Jack built a massive 4000 gallon "tank" in the cellar under his house, glazed one side with a 12 foot by 7 foot viewing window and stocked it with some of the largest freshwater fishes kept in a private collection in the UK.

We sent Jeremy Gay over to meet him and he was little short of gobsmacked. The tank is bigger than those in many public aquaria and Jack even needs to get inside to clean it; a brave feat considering it contains everything from a four foot Alligator gar to a number of enormous freshwater stingrays. It's one article you can't afford to miss and goes to show just what's needed for many of the larger fish on sale in the shops.

Matt Clarke

Website Editor, Practical Fishkeeping

hows that work for you? granted its not mine... but its nice to know there are ppl crazy enough to do my dream. i had a dream similar to this where i lived on the top floor and had crocodiles on the ground floor, shame i was 6 at the time.