Cyana

Duke

Well I have stopped dosing everything. My cyano got bad but seems to be lifting of the sand and clearing up.

I think it is due to a 60mm deep sand bed and never cleaning it. pain in the ass to clean. But I'm going to do it next water change.

Think you should get some advise before cleaning it, by stiring it up vacuuming etc you might release more than just leaving alone. The suggestion I would make is to suck parts of the sand bed out with each water change and replace the sand, or possibly suck it out and clean it out of the tank.

What is the best way to get back to lifeless clean sand out of the tank?

Rinse with RODI water?

Dry it out then rinse?

i siphoned it and washed in s/w when i re-scaped. long term i will periodically do the same to a portion at a time, over time.

Well best advice I have ever had.... Thanks Suphew and Sharkey. I think you are on the right track. Sand is only 6months old so still going through the cycle. Every thing else could not be better.

Going to add an other rock structure from Jacko (Bubbles) which will cause some more trouble. But I'm running out of places to put frags ect. As you all know my tank is far from the reef wall to the point I have no where to put stuff.