Can Somebody Help ID these Malawi's

aae1

Hi Guys and Gals.

Could somebody help a freind of mine? She was sold a trio of fish as a breeding set of Electric Blue Ahlis but they degfinitely are not Electric Blues. The male that she has looks like a Azureus but Im not sure.

I have attached pictures of these guys so would appreciate your help.

Thanks

Alex

i5ACBC0CF-572C-4D63-9764-1A1903228801.jpg

i1AF75765-9370-425E-AD90-B6CF55053CCB.jpg

try this timtam http://www.dotphoto.com/SAN1/1A/F7/57/i ... 053CCB.jpg

the female looks like a baenschi or something, male definately isn't a scaenochromis species, wrong head shape. Could be a copadichromis species though.

I know there were some hybrid "electric blues" around a while ago, ahli crossed with a random female.

HTH

The top is a hybrid. Has the body shape mostly of a peacock, but the head shape is way off.

Any chance of a copy more pics of the male? It isn't an electric blue, I can tell you that. If they all came form the same parents I would say they are all a hybrid. I would be getting back in contact with the person that sold these.

Frenchy :D

I have hybrid in my tank unsure of it but i think it may be a blue dolhin cross peacock maybe im just waiting for him to grow but 1 only so he cant breed lol will he can cross but they would be sorted then but im happy and others can be too as long as they arent sold as a species to other why not? cheers Geremy

Thats the problem with hybrids Mystic. People who don't know better sell them. Somethimes it is just the harmless I will give a few to a mate, but what if he/she sells of the following generation of fry?

I wouldn't say kill them either, but I would take them back to the person who sold them.

Once again it comes down to the buyer, be very careful with what you buy.

Frenchy :D