Glue for fishtank

kellsz

Go for the "SELLEY'S

It's not the "Best" but it is by far the most universal and cheapest at Mitre Mega, Bunnings, Placemakers etc.

I've made over 100 tanks with it and it is ok.

The only problem I have had is not having the glass perfectly clean before you apply the glue.

I use "Meth's" now to clean the joint lines before applying the silicone or it can blister and lift after a few months.

You could use Dow Cornings RTV732 but it is about $18.00 a cartridge.

We all have our choices of product. :roll:

And this isn't a push for commercial purposes. :oops:

It may be availability, it may be ease of use, it may be price, or it may be commercial; but whatever type you use make sure the glass is clean before you apply it.

I have had too many "Home Handymen" come and say that the silicone has got some blisters under it, or it is starting to lift when I clean the tank.

I stated before that I use "Dow Corning 732" and I believe that you get what you pay for as I haven't yet had a bad join ever in 34 years of tank making.

I did use another silicone before the Dow Product but it went off the market as the firm fell apart with the Directors going their own ways. But I believe that it has just come back on the market for commercial applicators.

The ease of use of this product is astounding; the fillet coves just flow as the viscosity is far better than anything that is available, including Dow's 732.

I am trying to get it again, and if succesful I will list it on the forum's Private Trade & Exchange, because I believe this product is "2nd to None".