Photo of your Catfish

rcon021

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hay Billaney saw ur auction on trademe for the long fin corys. looks wicked. any other pics of them? :D first time I've ever seen one :o

no more pic's yet but i can take some as soon as i get a free mintue ...lol busy with the livebears show and stuff this weekend but will try :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Long time no post but saw this and thought I would add some photos. never done it before so i hope that it works.

IMG_0081-1.jpg

that should be an L046, zebra plec

IMG_0043.jpg

davidsandi cory

IMG_0076.jpg

two L046 and an albino ansistrus.

Hope it all comes out ok and before anyone gets too excited I'm in England.

Hi to everyone, I have missed you!!

:lol:

Plecs

Wow a real zebra plec, stands out like a beautiful thumb. Pet World in Hamilton has a zerbra plec for sale at the moment, heart skipped a beat then realised of course it wasn't a real one, although the attendant confirmed innocently it was a zebra plec :-? Looks like the ones Phil has/had, still a nice fish.

Plecs your davidsandsi cory looks like an adolfo cory, but it's difficult to tell in the lighting. How much was your zebra plec over there if you don't mind me asking and are you going to get more and try breeding them??

Thanks Mystic, it is good to be back. It has been one hell of a year, but I'm alive and grateful!

It is definately not an adolfi cory Luke, it doesnt have the bright orange colour behind the black, but the lighting isnt great in the photo so i can see what you meant.

I got two adult zebras for £150, a pair at that. in the shops they are rarely available and cost £150 for a baby thats about 1-2inches, so I got a good deal on ebay.

Unfortunately disaster struck this morning. Due to a filter problem overnight I woke up to find a lot of dead fish in my tank, including one zebra. the other zeb was on its side, i netted it and got the filter working and held the net in front of the filter outlet so that it could get oxygen. Thankfully after four hours in the net it seemed a lot better and i was able to let it swim free. Hopefully she will be ok. I also went and got an airpump and some air stones to prevent it happening again. Am really gutted. All the fish that died were favourites. I lost my three denesoni barbs, one L046, a rock shrimp. also lost a congo and a silvertip tetra, but they are easily replaceable compared to the others.

:cry:

still, at least i have one zebra and i am pretty sure its the female and males are easier to come by, so hopefully one day i will be able to breed them.

plecs

• 2 weeks later...

i got my Corydoras Weitzmani to spawn :bounce: i have collected about a dozen eggs and left another 6-10 with the parents but those with the parents were gone this morning. The spawn happened on saturday night. Fingers firmly crossed and hoping the eggs wont fungus.

i got my Corydoras Weitzmani to spawn :bounce: i have collected about a dozen eggs and left another 6-10 with the parents but those with the parents were gone this morning. The spawn happened on saturday night. Fingers firmly crossed and hoping the eggs wont fungus.

awesome , way to go , got any pictures of the adults ?