baby convicts

Tsarmina

the list of questions :lol:

1. what type of plant can i put in with them? (if any)

2. can i put BN's in the same tank?

3. how do i sex them?

4. and is there any other info you can give me please? (other than using them as feeder fish as i've been told i'm not allowed)

thanks

(other than using them as feeder fish as i've been told i'm not allowed)

pfft, sneak over and borrow Helen's oscar

Seriously though, I love these guys, just wish they weren't so vicious when paired up. They pair up easier than guppies, and they're monogomous(ish), they establish a territory which is normally a cave and defend it at all costs.

Only thing I'd add to what Mystic has put there, is that if you need a plant have a look at amazon swords, they're big enough and normally convicts will leave it alone (unless they feel the need to dig by the roots). They do certainly dig, I forgot to add a cave once, and the convicts dug their own cave under a slate rock :o

Bristlenose should be ok, assuming they're adults, but you'd need to keep an eye out to make sure their fins aren't getting btiten. If a convict does try to suck on their head/tail they'll discover the spikes 8) They're well armoured, but for an aggressive cichlid tank I prefer the common pleco as it sticks up for itself and is larger.

Our 18cm red devil cichlid and 35cm common plec were fighting over a cave this morning :x Dont want a red devil to go with your convicts do you? lol