DIY CO2 yeast mix

shiuh

that makes more sense. :D

just take an empty coke bottle full it up 3/4 with warm water then just add some sugar and yeast.

drill a hole at on the cap [just big enough for the air tube] then have an air stone at the other end of the tube.

its that simple but in my experience not the most reliable, the 2.25 bottle would only last for less than a week.

I use, 2 and a half cups white sugar, with half a teaspoon of yeast, and half a teaspoon of baking soda.Fill a 2.25 ltr coke bottle up with warm water, to the line where it starts to go into the neck,cap it and shake.

This gives me about 2-3 weeks of steady co2 bubbles, usually at one bubble a second :D

sometimes you have to give it a couple of small shakes to get it going when you first make a batch.

Two and a half cups, as in baking cups. It may be a little to much but im getting excellent results this way. There is no need to keep it warm, sometimes it can slow down a bit at nite, but thats not a worry.

I use two 2.5 coke bottles with a ladder diffuser(My DIY reactor needs re-thinking) and usually get two bubbles a second.

Does it have to be kept warm? If so how do you do it?

It doesn't have to be, but it works a little better with it. I had a bucket set up with a 25w heater and water in it, and sat two 2.25 coke bottles in there.

The most important thing is to keep your spare yeast frozen. Otherwise after openning it goes off, which means you need more yeast, so you start increasing the dosage, 2 teaspoons, 1 tablespoon, 2 tablespoons... then you buy a new fresh container of yeast and use 2 tablespoons and then later find your aquarium has flooded with your DIY mix which has basically errupted *shakes fist*

Its no miracle cure though. Increasing lighting (to a point) is the best way to improve plant growth.