Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Tank Set-up

Featured Replies

Hey all,

My tank is finally up and running with live rock. Its a custom bulit 600mm x330mm (wide) x 350mm tank with twin overflows and return bulit in, with 500mm x 250mm (wide) x 350mm sump. At the moment I'm running an Eheim 1262 pump (3400l/h) which is giving me a pretty good flow in there I think and for lighting just a twin flro until I can get 4 T5ho's. I will post some pic's of the whole set-up (sump, stand etc) when my camera's charged, but firstly here's a quick FTS...

Marine4dayscopy.jpg

I also found a few cool critters in the rock when I got it home! A found a bright orange pistol shrimp (or thats what I think it was) that fell out of one of the rocks, unfortunatly it was dead, and was later eated by a couple of nudibranchs. A 6 inch bristle worm and some small ones, and of course lots of tiny brittle stars, star fish, PODs and little snails.

Let me know what you think, and any idea's you might have...

Cheers, Jake.

  • Replies 91
  • Views 26.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a pity it won't stay that clean as it cycles :D Lucky you got a workable sized tank to clean easily. Perfect size for going zeovit without the huge costs!

  • Author

Thanks for all the comments guys. Now I just got to wait for it to cycle! Dam time goes slow!

Yea I liked my T'ed return too, only problem is it takes up heaps of space in my small tank, but cheaper than a wavysea!

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Well my tanks been up and running almost a month now. I never really got an ammonia spike, well it went up to 0.25 and then back to 0 in the first week (they joys of using live rock, live sand and live filter media :D), and there hasn't been any nitrite or nitrate in there either.

So today I added my first fish...

firefish1copy.jpg

He's an awsome little dude! Already out and about.

I also have a few small coral frags from work, and a small hammer that I bought from work too. The hammer is fully open and looking great.

Hopefully get some better pic's soon.

Cheers, Jake.

looks fantastic, i didnt know u went salty.

is that a bicolor blenny?

so the sump is about as big as the tank? sorry very limited marine knowledge here :)

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Thought its about time for an update. The tank is going great now, with several of the corals now spreading well onto the live rock, and lots of growth. Unfortunatly my original firefish jumped out cos I didnt have a lid, but thats sorted now. I picked up a new one on friday thanks too Ben.

Here's a full tank shot...

resizemarinetank71days.jpg

And here's my new firefish (I liked this photo!)...

Resizeyawning-1.jpg

Will post some coral pic's soon...

Cheers, Jake.

Very talented my you can take some great photos!! :o

Just one tip for you I would take out that red calupera even though it adds colour it soon becomes a pain, I spent hours and hours getting it all out of the cube tank and it looks much better for it. :D

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Cheers guys.

I Finally got round to taking some coral pic's. Also I added 2 new fish, a Midas Blenny and a Red Coral Goby. Very cool :D.

Anyway some more pic's....

Midas Blenny:

midasblenny-3copy.jpg

midasblenny-1copy.jpg

MidasBlenny-2copy.jpg

Candy Cane:

candycanecopy.jpg

This piece I picked up at about 1.5mm, I didn't even know wat it was. 2 months growth...

CandyGrowth1.jpg

candygrowth2copy.jpg

Hammer:

greenhammercopy.jpg

Star Polpys:

brownstarpolpyscopy.jpg

greenstarpolpys1.jpg

Buttons:

buttonscopy.jpg

Cheers, Jake.

Jake what are you going to do when you leave school Pro Photos man, you have real talent loved your bird one and insect one I saved them for my screen saver and now your tank ones are great as well :hail:

You are getting some good growth there.

Best photos i've seen posted on this site (that is by the poster, not just links).

I am impressed 10/10.

Pie

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.