maxima clam lost foot

chimera

i gotta small maxima clam which got knocked quite hard when i was moving some rock and it ripped it's foot clear off :( i moved it up under some more light so i could keep an eye on it, it's open up and everything looks fine except the missing foot. this obviously means it can't move around, but will the foot grow back? if not will it live without it?

maximaclam-060914.jpg

that monti looks great, any chance of a full tank shot?

yeah, when lights are back on i'll get a photo. crap camera though, took a shot of a green acro I just got yesterday. in the tank it's brown with a very visible green tinge all over, on camera it's just brown and washed out :( damn sony's. need a canon! i know the photo above photo looks good but thats coz the whole monti is a vibrant pink - anything with slight colour the camera does a poor job at picking it out.

i could come for a visit and bring my camera

more than welcome :D

its not as nice as some of the guys on here have though

tell me about it... all i got is my crappy little 5mp sony digital camera, funny though, say that 2 years ago people would have said "yeah right" :D

calms need there foot to stick to stuff in the sea so they don't get blowen over, then when they get big enough the foot can't support its own weight and the fall to the sand.

Should be fine if i has no other internal damage or infection.