Happy Chappy!

wasp

Not much in there now the sailfin tang and 2 angels have been sold & the bicolour blenny jumped out, also every single flasher wrasse jumped out I won't replace them.

All that's in there now is just 2 clowns, yellow tang, copperband, 6 line wrasse, algae blenny, two firefish, and royal gramma.

The angels had been nipping at the corals and polyp extension did improve after they left. I think the lower fish load has also been good for the corals they are coming along nicely.

Yes! thumbsup-1.gif

Thus far since setting up the new tank I've just been, with a few exceptions, running the zeovit basic 4 to get nutrients down & water quality right, but it's about there now so I've started the full zeovit program, just in the last few days. The response in the corals has been immediate, plus it's great to feed them & see the polyps come out within a few minutes.

Wasp wrote:

also every single flasher wrasse jumped out I won't replace them.

:o:o:o:o

I got one of those about 3 weeks ago, together with a couple of anthias. The wrasse is pretty frantic, whizzes around all over the place but he hasn't looked like he's wanted to jump out ---- Yet :o Hope he doesn't as he is very cool

Better keep an :o on him then

Didn't think there could be an angel in there anymore with that much PE, I suspect my bicolor is annoying a couple of my hardies.

Might take him out when I get serious about SPS but for now he is more impressive than PE :D

Coral looks great by the way, any chance at a few more pics once your zeovit is cranking?

Skippy, yes those flasher wrasses were great, a lovely addition to the tank. But in my tank anyway, they jumped heaps. The last one I lost was the male, I knew it was coming he would get excited at feeding time & jump out right in front of me, not once, three seperate occasions he did this I picked him off the carpet each time. Eventually though he jumped out when I wasn't there, and that was it. Perhaps my tank is too small, but anyway I've decided not to get any more for now.

KP, Thanks for the encouragement, and you are right about the bicolour blenny mine used to take the odd swipe at the sps's as well. I'll do a few pics, probably can't today though. I'm very pleased with the way the corals are improving but they still have a way to go, remembering how they have been in the past I think there is probably still a few months to go before they are really excellent, but things are moving in the right direction :D .

very very nice wasp!

your colors are amazing! when it gets better than than this it will be beond words!

what zeovit products are you using? what quanites and frequency? (lets all just let wasp answer this question without the zeo debate starting yet again)

Wow, thanks for all the nice comments! :D

No joy with the full tank shot my lights are out of balance at the moment, one end shows up bleached while the other is dark. New bulbs are getting imported supposedly in the next few weeks so hopefully can get some nice pics then.

As to the dosing schedule I'm now on the full zeovit program, although only started a few days ago, so am confident that in several months I will be able to show better pics once it has all kicked in.

The red one is a pink pocillapora ( I think, somebody else may correct me ).

The cyan one, sorry, I don't know. Quite nice but a slow grower.

I'll post up the dosing schedule and some of the reasoning behind it but I'm not at home at the moment so when I get home I'll do it so I can refer to my notes.

As most are aware zeovit dosing is contraversial because some people don't believe the reasons the manufacturer gives why it works. However I choose to accept their claims at face value and have proceeded on that basis.

Well wasp (and zeovitnz), if I can't kick the dinos that are growing in my tank within a couple of months, I am going to consider zeovit.

and lets not hear all the old fixes, flow, skimmers, bb, feeding, vodka, I'm all ready doing all that. Giving Vodka at least 2 months and then I'll be giving Brendan a ring :D

like to pay you a visit soon wasp.