Hi

nztrudy

Hi all, My name is Trudy, I’m from the Wairarapa, I got a fish shed off my cousin about 8 months ago, which at the moment has 18 tanks in it, (I’m sure I could find room for a couple more tanks). Don’t have many fish at the moment, but numbers are starting to grow. I have Guppy’s which are doing really well ,new lot of fry from them yesterday, a couple of swordtails, they aren’t doing much, 4 pink kissers (they need abit of encouragement )1 angel fish, 1 betta, 1 clown loach, 1 tiger barb, 1 neon, 2 albino cats (no eggs from them yet) 2 Glass blood fins, Plattys, and just got about 15 male and female blue platys , But are after a nice Blue Platty, (not liking the males I have got) . The shed is fully insulated with pink bats, lights over the tanks which are on a timer, and a heater that heats the room to 30 degrees which keeps the tank temp from 20 degrees to 30 degrees . I have no idea what I’m doing with these fish , but have found this site just great. :D

WOW you begin where a lot of us would like to go??? A whole fish shed. WOWO. Welcome to the forum.

Have you ever kept fish before??? With the 18 tanks and all those fish are the different species in different tanks???

Do you have one filtration system for the whole 18tanks or do they have individual filters and all??

See how nosey I am :lol:

Welcome again to NZ fish forum.

We had one tank (well my son did), different species are in different tanks

and still have a few emtpy tanks, as for the filters, still getting around to that, was just going to get those corner ones as i don't want to spend a huge amount on them. but i did the test thingy the other day and my water is all fine :D