September 9, 200620 yr comment_120204 I want to put some finer substrate in my tanks but can't find Aragonite down here in Dunedin.Will river gravel be ok for my tanks? Report
September 9, 200620 yr comment_120205 Will river gravel be ok for my tanks? I dont know because you havent told us what you have in your tanks........... Report
September 9, 200620 yr Author comment_120207 Good point. One tank has baby Malawis-Electric Yellows and Blue etc Other has Geophagus and Firemouths. Report
September 9, 200620 yr comment_120209 ohk. Well i think most of those fish like higher pH's so that would be the reason for using coral sand or aragonite as normal gravel wont raise the ph. You could use coral rock if you or your LFS has any.?? I dont keep these fish personaly so i cant REALY help alot...... Report
September 9, 200620 yr Author comment_120210 Thanks,not wanting it for PH reasons,more for something finer than the pebbles they have so they can forage around more. I ude the Salt,Epson and Bi-carb for PH. Report
September 9, 200620 yr comment_120218 If you belong to the Dunedin club, ask Gordon what substrate he uses in his Malawi tanks. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.