newbie alert!

ho_hum_de_dum

:D Hey everyone, my name is Amanda and I live in wellington.

just joined as I am considering changing all of my fish (i have a tank full of neons, siamese and swordstails) and quite frankly, I.AM.BORED. =) Unfortunatley I have a "small" tank (100 Litres) So i am not sure what fish I am able to stock! Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

cheers,

Amanda :D

Oh my goodness....thats quite scary how they go for their blood worms....yeah neons can be lovely however my brother has a 750 Litre tank stocked with chichlids, and im the jealous type :cry: !!

hah yeah I just put some in the oscar tank, and the red devil just got rammed (hard) against the glass by the oscar for it :-?

750L wow, I'd be jealous too haha. Biggest we have here is 225L, but planning on getting a 300 soon for the oscar (Jimmy).

If you were interested in South American cichlids, I have some spare Firemouths that I could trade for neons if you wanted those. They grow to about 15cm, and look pretty rad when they flare up. Also hutt pets has baby gold severums, although when they get to full adult size you'd eventually need a bigger tank. They're one of my favourite fish.

Other option is africans, bright yellows and blues etc.

Dunno, what kind were you after?

sadly 100L is too small for any of the larger cichlids over 15cm or so. some really cute cichlids are the apistogramma species, they have alot of flair for their small size. rams are also neat but are quite touchy. you can always buy a new tank for a few/one :wink: :lol:

welcome aboard :)

SpidersWeb, about the blood worms...ah, it looked like you dropped in a "block", are these things freezed dried or frozen or something :oops:

Yeah, they're made by AquaOne, they're just frozen (not dried). Our local pet store stocks them, we just bought another 3 sheets an hour ago hah, the fish love them. Just pop them in the tank frozen, and the fish rip them apart.

Good treat, but not recommended as a staple diet. For exercise neons work well, and we have a health mix Helen feeds him each night to make sure he gets all his vitamins etc