PMDD

beachy

Hey all just been looking into the pmdd fertilizer, i think i might look into giving it a go.

Does anyone know a good place in Ak to get the trace mix, and other chems? or does anyone have any spare mix they would consider selling?(me being lazy :lol: )

Also what would be the alternative kinda product from a Lfs?

Thanks all :hail:

Hi, I would just use flourish for trace elements, KNO3 for nitrates, KH2PO4 for phosphate and K2SO4 for pottasium if you need it.

That is what i am going to start dosing soon.

The best place to get the chemicals from is probably http://www.hydroponics.co.nz

You could make pmdd or get it made for you but IMO the easier method is to do what i am going to do.

Theres heaps of info here and here but you need to register to view the second one.

On the second one it has lots of info about the EI method which is pretty much what i am doing

Good luck

Thanks all, would be interested to know how much and often people are dosing pmdd?

I have Halide and co2 so i think my plants are working hard but not really getting enough nutrients.

Just curious. Where did you get your CO2 equipment ?

I have been using PMDD in my big tank with good results. I have plenty of trace element. PM me if you need some.

Thanks freshwest :hail: i might go to switched on gardener tommorow see if i can get the ingredients :wink: , but i will let you know :D

I have been looking at this for mixing PMDD. I would be interested to know what method people are using for mixing and trace mix percentages?

Ok, mayby i should have put DIY co2, sorry about that :oops:

Using two 2.5 ltr coke bottles, with a ladder diffuser, seems to work ok.

Does anyone know a good way to test co2 levels in a tank?

You probably already have a PH test kit. If you have CO2, you might also be using a KH test kit. If you know your PH and KH, you can reliably determine the CO2 content of your tank from this table

http://www.aquatic-plants.org/articles/ ... table.html