Furry Fighter?

Aaron-Betta

Hey there everyone. My name's Aaron and I am new to the boards. I am seeking some help regarding a Female Fighter fish I brought from Jensons on Friday. She looked nice a full coloured in their tank with a nice and ripe tummy because she was in with a male. I purchased this fish and took her home. I did everything the proper way (bag floating on water for 15 mins) and was watching her closely and noticed that a few of her scales looked a bit odd under my light. I put her into an isolation tank by herself after taking her to Hollywood to see what they said. I was told to try and treat her with Melafix. I did this but as I was watching her on saturday, she seemed to be peeling??? Does anyone know what is wrong with my poor fish? I love Bettas, but have never seen this happen before.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Aaron

(p.s. how do i add a pic on here as it would make it easier to understand my problem?)

Good morning. Arent we up early!!!

I too have the same with a mollie I just brought. So im also after and answer.

As for posting a pic you need to get a web image hosting site such as photobucket. there is a detailed expanation on how to do it. Ill have a quick look and post it for you

To me it looks like either fungus of some sort or as caryl said its slime coat. I would suggest you do a search on these two areas and see what gives you are more true diagnosis and then work out best way to treat it.

best of luck and hope she comes right soon.