Red Sea Prizm Pro deluxe VS Deltec MCE600

bychineva

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they are simple to set up and maintain at the same time skimming enough for you tank size and bio load they are good no matter what the brand name.There is nothing worse then farting around tuning and checking for a couple of days after you clean or touch them.Those ones break down soon as you go on holiday.

Howd you figure that, I have both & they take out the same amount of crap but the prizm has the added bonus of a surface skimmer and is cheaper?

Simply my own observation from using both of these the same as, you notice there is no difference. The surface skimmer is a nice addition but like i said the safety features cant be beaten, and a surfacce skimmer can be easily attached to a deltec. Again i would go for the deltec.

some reviews on the prizm.

http://www.reefs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=727546

I curently have a Prizm Deluxe Model on a 15 gal. tank. I am ready throw it out the window

started my 55 gallon reef with a sea-clone. Then I upgraded to a Prizm and wasnt impressed so I upgraded to a Prizm Pro and still wasnt impressed. With as often as you have to clean/adjust these skimmers they should produce a lot more skimmate then they do.

Ok......I have used the Red Sea Prizm and it sucks. To noisy,difficult to adjust,and the motor died within about 9 months. I will not buy anytthing now that has a Rio Pump.like the Prizm's

I have had a Pro for 2 years and its rated for a 300g tank, runs silent, has ample yet dry foam, and rarely needs adjusting....

If the cup over flows then the skimmate will be very very light and not htat much of a concern, also its not hat hard to empty the cyp once a week and, id rather have a dry floor and a full tank
I'm very impressed with the prizm pro and its backup vessel. I adjusted the flow the wrong way after a night on the booze :oops: and woke up the next day to a backup three quarters full !! nothing on the carpet and no skimmate returned to my tank :D Once my head was sorted out I re adjusted my prizm and havn't had to touch it since.