Everything posted by HelenMac
-
filtration
Hi everyone thanks for your replies. Would the size be ok for them I have malawi cichlids
-
filtration
Hi I have been wondering whether a tank with a sump would work for cichlids it would have 2 chambers that the water runs thru into the sump so water would go thru filter wool then noodles then rowa phos then back up into the tank and out thru a spraybar. Tank would measure 700x520x500 has corner overflow then sump underneath Works out to 230 litres Do you think this would work. I keep african cichlids.
-
Having to sell the lot
not much left see link http://www.fnzas.org.nz/fishroom/protei ... 18602.html
-
Having to sell the lot
Thanks Steve sure going to miss it thanks for your help along the way. Been videoing it today at least I'll have that to remember it by.
-
Having to sell the lot
see link http://www.fnzas.org.nz/fishroom/marine ... 18536.html
-
male electric yellow for swap
Hi I have a 7-8 cm male electric yellow I would like to swap for a female can anyone help please pm me. thanks.
-
How are the "New to Marine" people going
Hi I also am a marine newbie I started out with a AR620 April this year but then decided to have a tank made 700x520x500 I know rather small but all I could fit in has a sump underneath using a red sea protein skimmer (thanks muchly steve) still to get T5 lights at moment using 3x 2ft lights 1 marine blue 1 marine white and 1 power glow. Have xenia, leathers, frogspawn, colt coral 1 blue tang, 1 clown, 3 chromis, 1 flasher wrasse. Absolutely loving having the marine tank so different from my cichlids. Will have to get a bigger house so I can have a bigger tank. :lol:
-
fish for marine tank
thanks everyone. I have seen a coral beauty and have to say they are stunning. If I had a coral beauty whats compatiable or are all these fish you have all suggested compatiable. Had been thinking of yellow tang or coral butterfly but not sure if available here or even wise for a relatively new marine fish keeper.
-
fish for marine tank
Hi I'm having a 182 litre tank made with a sump. I'll be transferring over my rock, leathers, xenia, frogspawn, and colt coral sand and clowns from my previous tank which is 95 litres. Wondering what bright coloured fish I can put in there that actually swim around. Thought about yellow tail damsel but not sure if he's compatable with the clowns or not. Would also like something bit bigger. Been reading different things about whats compatable on line but conflicting ideas. Love to here your opinions. Thanks.
- corner tank measurements
-
corner tank measurements
sorry forgot to say 50 high. 67cm each side 90 across front by 50 high. Thanks
-
corner tank measurements
Thanks for your replies. measurements are 67 each side 90 across the front sorry thats all I know. Thanks
-
corner tank measurements
Hi Was wondering if anyone knew how to work out the literage of a corner tank please.
-
kuda seahorse tank mates
I feed frozen mysis shrimp morning and evening and hatched brine shrimp in the afternoon
-
kuda seahorse tank mates
thanks Julie for your reply I was thinking about getting a red fire shrimp as I really love the bright red colour The shop told me they don't clean up so its nice to here from someone with the experience of one in their tank.
-
kuda seahorse tank mates
Hi Was wondering if anyone else keeps kuda seahorses and if so what other tank mates you have. I've got a 90 litre tank with two clowns and 2 kudah seahorses.
-
Yellow Tail Damsel
Can a damsel go with a clownfish and sixline wrasse
-
White Spot
theres no carbon in the filter and I have been treating every day with whitespot cure. Was told do 3 days then 4th day do 10% water change then treat for another 3 days and so on. How much tonic salt do you use. my tank is 215 litres. Just lost another cardinal tonight.
-
White Spot
Hi I really need some advise. I have got a bad case of white spot and I'm at my wits end. Turned the tank up to 28. Treated with White spot cure over a week now. Have done water changes after every 3rd dose as advised. Also tried malachite green. Nothing is working. Started on the Cardinals now on my Rosy Tetras. Ph and everything else is fine. Have made sure when do the water changes that the temperature of the water is exactly the same. Please help someone.
-
forktail blue eye rainbow fish
One of the females I got has orange fins and tail and a blue tinge to the body. Whereas the other has yellow.
-
forktail blue eye rainbow fish
Hi everyone was wondering if anyone could tell me the colour of a female forktail blue eye rainbow (pseudomugil furcatus) I can only find photos of the male. I bought 1 pair then bought another pair. Second female is totally different in colour to the first female also does not swim with the others.
-
Ph up
Hey everyone thanks so much for your replies will go to Hollywood today and get the seachem. At the moment it will be a wild tank then eventially when cycled thru want to keep 1 pair seahorses. I have 3 live rocks and 2 dead rocks at the moment coral sand and 3 hermit crabs to help cycle it. Also sea water from the sea. 56cmx38cmx38cm 80 litres for now. Running a power filter that does 500litres an hour.Later on will get bigger tank if I find I can handle it ect bit scary to start off with.
-
Ph up
Hi I have just set up a saltwater tank been running now for 10 days Noticed today my ph has dropped want to raise it wondering what I can use. Have got aqua master ph up and science products ph up. Neither say if suitable for salt water or not. Does anyone know.
-
Dying Cardinals
Hi had the cardinals 2 years with rosy tetras pearl gouramis yellow and blue rams lemon tetras and red belly tetras. Tank is a three foot. Temperature 26.5 ph 7.0 Did have a opaline gourami saw him bite tail off one cardinal and catch another one in his mouth so took him back to the shop last week thats when I took the cardinals out of the tank put them in a 18 inch and treated with malkon as couple had lesions on their tails. ph 7.0 Got duo power filter and heater temp 26.5
-
Dying Cardinals
Temperature is 26 . the ones I say are 2 years means I have had 2 years. The others only had a month. Ph everything else is fine.