Everything posted by Kiwiwulf
-
Grindal Worms
Oh damn I missed the plane Asked at the LFS today and they said 'what are grindal worms?'
-
Grindal Worms
Hi Andrew - any joy with the Grindal cultures?
-
terracotta pots
And just nice and slowly
-
Correcting pH
Having trouble with the pH in my tank. Currently testing at 5.0. I have been doing partial water cahnges daily for the past week. The exchange water is testing at 7.0 and this initially lifts pH to 6.0 then it slips back to 5.0. Ammonia was also wicked but is now down to OK levels. Given the pH reading is correct it appears to be having no ill effects on the tank inhabitants - Cherry Barbs, Danios and WCMM. Any suggestions on correcting pH?
-
Bio Wheels
An oppotunity for someone perhaps
-
terracotta pots
What is the best way to cut terraccota pots - a fine toothed saw obviously.
- Test Kits
-
Bio Wheels
Checked my LFS here in Christchurch but no joy. Mind you others round the town I have yet to check ou.
- Bio Wheels
- Test Kits
- Test Kits
-
Test Kits
Try $20-25 for test kits! Having a test done is a cover for visiting to look at all the aquaria goodies Animates do the basics - pH, Nitrate, Nitrite abd Ammonia. They will do others if you ask: they regard those 4 as the critical ones. Given my ph is down how can I get it back up?
- Test Kits
- Test Kits
-
Grindal Worms
Fingers crossed for Andrew's success. Thanks for asking Caryl - appreciated!
-
Grindal Worms
Grindals are a relative of earthworms but a lot smaller. They are bigger than microworms and smaller than whiteworms: white and 0.5-1mm in length. They have have a high fat content and fish just love them. They induce a scary feeding frenzy when you drop them in the tank My previous culture died out which is a pain. They are easily cultured, magarine pottle with damp potting mix and I fed mine on wheatgerm and room temperature is good enough. Cat bikkies work well to.
-
Grindal Worms
I have returned: my registration was nuked in a server crash. Had posted a query re obtaining a Grindle worm culture and had received a reply. However all those posts went west as well. So I am asking again - does anyone know where I could obtain a grindal worm culture. LFS staff had never heard of them: how good is that?
- Hi Again
-
Hi Again
Hi there Back again: my registration was nuked by a server crash: was it something I said? :roll: . Thanks for the prompt reply Cees. Current setup is a 54l tank with an assortment of WCMM, Danios, Cheery Barbs, Borneo Sucker and a couple of Goldfish. Recently went to heating the tank as I felt water temps were getting marginal.