Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
We’ve recently updated Aquarium World! We’re working through a few bugs, with exciting new features on the way. Thanks for your patience while we fine-tune the site.

Alf

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Alf

  1. Alf replied to Alf's topic in Saltwater
    Instructions to Start a Siphon on the HOB models BH-100F and 300F Locate the John Guest speed fitting on the top of the overflow pipe going into the skimmer. Insert the blue tubing into this fitting and on the other end slide the air tube going to the skimmer pump into it. If there is a valve on top of the model that you have then go ahead and open the valve now. If you do not have the valve then proceed with the next step. Fill the skimmer with enough water to cover the pump by 2 or 3 inches. Make sure the water in the aquarium is above the intake pipe. Now turn the skimmer pump on, when you see water flowing through the blue pipe and through the clear air hose going into the pump remove the clear air hose from the blue tubing. If your model has the valve then you should close the valve first then separate the blue tubing from the air hose. Once the air hose is free to suck air the skimmer will start making micro bubbles. When the skimmer is new it will create an excessive amount of micro bubbles that will form and stick to the acrylic walls of the skimmer. It maybe necessary to perform the siphon start up a few times during this break in period. This is a normal function of any protein skimmer and does not mean you have a defective unit. Please be patient during this break in period which can take up to 3 to 4 weeks.
  2. Alf replied to Alf's topic in Saltwater
    I need to know what to do to get it started - the instructions are Chinese to me, it doesn't make any sense
  3. Alf posted a topic in Saltwater
    Hiya Does anyone use this skimmer? Does anyone have an idea of how to get it going? Any help appreciated........
  4. I have quite a few in my tropical tank, they've been in there for over 12 months and doing really well...................
  5. I agree with Reef's suggestion
  6. Alf replied to tHEcONCH's topic in Saltwater
    Cyclop-Eeze
  7. I recently had a fish with whitespot, and I'm almost convinced that if the cleaner shrimp didn't clean the fish every day, I would have lost it. It was also very exciting to watch the butterfly "stand still" for the shrimp to work on him....
  8. I guess I must have been lucky!! Both my copperband and mandarin started eating frozen mysis I stuck in a rock, then two days later they knew the taste of it, and bingo, they feed just like all my other fish. :bounce:
  9. I honestly don't know - they came out like that
  10. Look what I did today..........with help from my heroes, Chris, Steve & Craig and As of today...
  11. Alf replied to bychineva's topic in Saltwater
    Wasp - does the marine velvet remain in the tank like white spot does?
  12. Alf replied to bychineva's topic in Saltwater
    I have now lost all my fish to whitespot, despite the medication...
  13. Alf replied to bychineva's topic in Saltwater
    I just bought a Salifert product to be used in reef tanks for white spot, called "Stop Parasites" (no copper) from Hollywoods to treat my tank. PM me if you want more information.
  14. Mine's always eaten the frozen mysis - I stuck some on a rock the first day I got him, and he also comes out at feeding times.
  15. Thank you - I have spoken to seahorsemad, and I have just posted a question on seahorse.org......
  16. Thank you Sharn
  17. Does anyone have any advice for a seahorse with what I think has internal gas bubble disease? He has these white spots on his tail, and his tummy is VERY bloated (not his pouch though). He is currently not eating and just sitting at the bottom of the tank. Thank you Alf
  18. Does anyone have any advice for a seahorse with what I think has internal gas bubble disease? He has these white spots on his tail, and his tummy is VERY bloated (not his pouch though). He is currently not eating and just sitting at the bottom of the tank. Thank you Alf

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.