Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
We’ve recently updated Aquarium World! We’re working through a few bugs, with exciting new features on the way. Thanks for your patience while we fine-tune the site.

Question/Vent

Featured Replies

Anyone here live in Papakura? Where can I get Water Ager from? We have no blimmen pet shop here (closest is Takanini) and The Warehouse doesn't stock it even though it's on their website. :an!gry Where the heck can I get it from IN Papakura?

I realised I had forgotten to get some more when I was cleaning the tank and I was going to see if my father in law could go and get me some, but don't want to ask him to bike all the way to Takanini, even though he does it already. Sheesh. I know it's not far away but for someone that doesn't drive and is sick and has a child with Chicken pox, so I can't go anywhere, it is a big deal. GRRR

Hubby is going to stop at Animates on his way home from work tonight. In the meantime my fish are swimming in about 20-30L of water LOL I did a major clean because there was lots of food in there not eaten and the water was pretty dirty looking. And I can't turn the filter back on as there isn't enough water in there. :facepalm: Only had enough water ager left to add 10L of water to the tank. :facepalm:

If its raining can you put a bucket outside and collect some, you would be surprised how quickly you can fill a 10L bucket!

May not help if you need some today but HFF have online shopping http://www.hollywoodfishfarm.co.nz/detail/view/seachem-prime-50ml/m/1176/ I would imagine it wouldn't take long to have something small shipped.

Chicken pox is no fun at all :(

  • Author

Yeah I was thinking about putting my bucket outside to collect rain water lol but it's not raining! I am praying it will pour down haha

I had an idea to get the 15L from my little empty tank (has no fish but has water) so now I have about 45L in there. Hubby is going to get some water ager on his way home from work.

Unfortunately I only have eftpos so I can't order from HFF :( But hubby will be home in about 3 1/2- 4 hours. I think the fish will be ok until then. :thup:

Yes chicken pox is not fun. Especially during the school holidays. She wants to stay at her great grandmas at Kawakawa Bay but can't. :(

Next time you do journey to a descent pet shop buy some prime and then you wont have to buy it again for years.. It might even be worth ordering some online somewhere and getting it delivered.

  • Author

Bikbok I had a look on the Countdown website and the Woolworths one... I searched for Water Ager and nothing came up :dunno: Will have to have a look when we go shopping tomorrow. Hubby got some Stress Coat and Stress Zyme on the way home. :thup:

  • Author
Next time you do journey to a descent pet shop buy some prime and then you wont have to buy it again for years.. It might even be worth ordering some online somewhere and getting it delivered.

What's prime? Haven't heard of it.

Bikbok I had a look on the Countdown website and the Woolworths one... I searched for Water Ager and nothing came up :dunno: Will have to have a look when we go shopping tomorrow. Hubby got some Stress Coat and Stress Zyme on the way home. :thup:

well at least you're sorted now. But I've bought vita pet water ager form Papakura countdown many times.. it's a good cheap standbye. Prime is the best though. And stress coat helpful for lightly injured fish

  • Author

I had a look at the Prime and it seems like it does the same thing as Stress Coat and Stress Zyme... so basically it's an all in one treatment. ?

I have huge bottles of Stress Coat and Zyme so they should last a while....

I had water ager from Animates in Henderson (Masterpet brand). Not sure why they don't sell it at the Takanini Animates. At least I know I can get it from the supermarket now lol

Papakura should have the same water as us here in Weymouth, its been 4+ years since ive used any water ager, i figure if tap water is ok for me to drink then it should be fine for the fish. My way overstocked GBA tank gets a 33% water change every day and i just plonk the hose in there until its full again. The only fish i have seen react to straight tap water are kuhli loaches, none of the other loaches or fish seem to mind. We do have very good water compared to most other countries.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.