National Fishshow 2007

dave

Will like to offically inform all members of the FNZAS that the Waikato Aquarium Soc will be hosting a National fishshow from the 18th to 22nd of October 2007. We have secured a really good venue namely the Hamilton Gardens exhibition Hall.It is going to be widely adverised and open to the public to promote our hobby of fishkeeping.

The show is going to be a full show with all classes of fish. Would like to see at least 300 entries along side display tanks. Thinking say the liverbearer section then a livebearer display tank .We are giving retailers hobyist and other intrest groups the chance to set up stores and displays at the fishshow. Entry forms will be sent via club sectetarys and hopefully set something up via our website. Over the weekend of the show we will also organising two dinners . Saturday night dinner plus an Auction then Sunday night Dinner plus a prize giving.

We are in the process of approaching a few motels within walking distance of the Hamilton Gardens to see if we can get a discounted rate for acomodation . There is also thought of billeting FNZAS members to keep the cost Down.

The support so far from sponsors and enthusiam of the waikato club has been Awsome. I look forward to this continued support from everyone in the FNZAS to make this a unqine and succesfull event

Dave

President of theWaikato Aquarium Soc

Don't forget Wairarapa are also having a Livebearer only Show Labour Weekend (Oct 21 - 22 I think) this year. Details are in the August Aquarium World (just finished printing)

You could scoop the prizes at both!! :bounce:

So, if the details are correct then both events will be happening the same weekend.

That seems a bit silly really, as people will miss out somewhere along the lines, I would see if one or other could be moved to another weekend.

B

IMO

Here is a copy of a letter that wrote about the aims of the fishshow etc This also offers retailers, hobbyist or anyone else that may be interested in setting up a display, getting some advertising,or wanting to show there support forthe national fishshow .

The promotional national fishshow letter

I am writing to inform you that the Waikato Aquarium Society will be hosting a National Fish Show from 18th - 22nd October 2007 at the Hamilton Gardens, Hamilton. The Waikato Aquarium Society is a local group of hobbyists who are dedicated to the improvement of the aquarium and Fishkeeping hobby.

We are affiliated to the Federation of New Zealand Aquatic Societies, which is made up of 15 aquarium clubs in NZ and growing.

Our goals for a National Fish Show are as follows;

To promote the hobby of aquarium and Fishkeeping in New Zealand.

To have 250 entries from hobbyists displaying their fish in Show tanks.

To get support from the retail sector of the hobby via displays and stores.

To help promote other areas of interest eg National Aquariums, zoos, DOC and the preservation of our national waterways.

To get as much advertising as possible via newspapers, radio, internet and ultimately television.

Finally, to have a very successful event from which the public, along with hobbyist, will benefit.

To help us achieve our goals we would like to offer you the opportunity to sponsor us in one of the suggested ideas:

Set up a display to promote and sell aquatic products

Sponsor a bank of tanks entered in the show with signage and posters

Provide one or two items that can go towards raffles, auction or prizes

Anything that you think would promote this event

I look forward to your response to what will be a very unique show

Please feel free to email or PM myself or Luke

Dave

Just seen the lateset pet magazine has put a small ad about the fishshow in for us :D:D:D . It is so to see such good support for these events.op to see you all in Wairapa for the livebearer show :bounce: :bounce: