Discus Problem

Kuhliloach

Just over 12 months ago I lost the female of a breeding pair of discus. Since then the remaining male turned black in colour always hid at the back of the tank never coming out not even for food. This fish became very, very thin its fins were always down and really looked as though it should have been put out of its misery. I tried everything I could think of to return this fish to heath, nothing seemed to work so I gave up on it. Still feed it cared for its tank in the usual way. This fish stayed this way for at least a year, why it did not die I do not know. One night about a month ago I entered my fish room for the usual nightly feed and maintenance and was greeted but this discus at the front of the tank, proud as punch and really thinking he was someone special his fins erect and in spawning colours. I could not believe my eyes this fish was eating everything I gave it and looked very healthy.

Tonight I entered my fish room again for the nightly routine discus rushing to the front of the tank to greet me and I found 3 white protrusions on the left side of it's head one on the gill plate level with and just behind the eye about half a mill in diameter and about 1 mill in length, the other two higher on the head and smaller the fish is not distressed at all and is still bright and perky. Does anyone have any suggestions on what this may be?

:-?

Sounds like what one of my Jurupari has. It definitely does leave a hole and I've had a hell of a time getting rid of it. I'm going to throw him in a hospital tank as soon as it's ready being refurbished and try treating him for a month this time. From what I've read, hole in the head holes don't heal, but one of the spots that kept getting fungused in my fish did manage to heal before the fungus came back and you'd never know it was there.