FRESHWATER PUFFER FISH

smidey

Resulting reply from a puffer forum member with over 6000 posts:

"Those pics look like 2 different puffers. The 1st looks like a FW Fang's puffer (runs $20-30 retail) & the 2nd resembles the SW stars & stripes puffer, not sure on the price for them."

If you go to the puffer pedia you can see what they are, I am still after a puffer for my community but will not be touching these with a barge pole!

Puffer pedia:

http://www.thepufferforum.com/forum/ug. ... fferPedia/

Lol, i fell in love with dwarf/malabar puffers when i saw them at Hollywood Fish Farm in auckland. Didn't get one cos i was moving the next month, and thought i'd get one from the next shipment. Haven't seen or heard of any for sale since :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

And again, :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Ira, yours is lovelylovelyLOVELY!!! I love it how they look as if they're smiling.....

Growl, want one....

Sorry :-? , ranting.... Anyway HFF may get them in occasionally, or other specialty shops, but i know you can get Malabars in NZ

I picked it up today and yep its a Arrowhead/ pig-nosed puffer (Tetraodon suvatii) :D:D:D:D:D He is so awesome, however he likes to stay in one of those big plastic fake logs I put in there. I will start up the lights and start feeding him tomorrow. The guy who had him had been feeding him lots of ox heart which I think has too much protein for the puffer so I will be trying to get him to eat freshwater mussels, crabs legs, krill, shrimp etc... does anyone else have one of these puffers?