Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
We’ve recently updated Aquarium World! We’re working through a few bugs, with exciting new features on the way. Thanks for your patience while we fine-tune the site.

compatiability??

Featured Replies

Ive got a female and male Neolamprologus pulcher, male cockatoo and an Apisto (not sure on full name/sex)?(blue in colour) think its a male would I be able to keep all 3 in a 3 ft tank theyre currently in seperate tanks but Im doinga bit of a change around????

hmmm the pulcher's require quite different water parameters to the others, and also the pulcher's get really aggresive when the breed, we have the brichardi's (which are similiar) and they will kill any other fish in there tank when they feel like it.

I agree with jo and willy, your apistos will want a ph of 6-6.5, where as the african cichlids require a high ph (8+ from memory).

HTH & Good luck

sorry to get off topic but that is a fantastic tool, now if only I could find a simmilar database to compare the results.

Doug

  • Author

the fish all have the same water parameters at the mo maybe thats why the pulchers wont breed? sounds like the pulchers will have to stay in there 2 ft

I would agree with everyone bout the Pulchers, once they do decide to breed they will take over the tank. My Pulchers that I had would tolerate a Ph of 6.8-7.0 if they had to(when I was slack with water changes :roll: ).

They were in a community tank with bolivian rams,fire eel and so forth :o

Stop looking at me like that.

I agree the pulchers will be too aggressive once they spawn. You will have the same problem as me once they fill your 2 footer with more n. pulcher - 100's more. I have to do twice weekly water changes now or they all stop growing - maybe thats a good thing? :roll:

I don't know anything about the pulchers but the apisto and the cockatoo should be right. I have, in my 3 foot 2 pairs of kribs, a (fingers crossed) breeding trio of apostos and a lone surviving male cockatoo (belive it's a male, had a mate but mysteriously died) and they all live fine with the red tailed shark, cory's, GBA's, swords, guppies, killies, a pair of moonlight gouramis, a pair of dwarf gouramis and one or two other inherited fish.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.