July 17, 200620 yr comment_111667 Just wondered if anybody knows if a rock oyster can survive in our tank. Before saying no cos they're temperate, I'm not talking about native ones, but the introduced so called "pacific" ones, which has more or less taken over from the native ones in many areas. Report
July 18, 200620 yr Author comment_111884 Yes I'll put one in & see what happens. Just thought it may add some interest to the tank, I'll update in a couple of months. Report
July 18, 200620 yr comment_111902 hi wasp, i have tried a few times, mainly with small oysters that come attached to the big ones we use at work. it didn't feel right just to break them of and chuck in the rubbish bin. but none lived for more then a couple days (could well be that because they were chilled when i got them and almost dead from the temp) or just not enough food in the water either. i have not tried one from the beach yet. on the other hand green lip mussels seem to do ok as i have a few small ones in the tank (not put in on purpose) Report
July 19, 200620 yr Author comment_111916 Thanks, oh well I won't try the oysters. I did have some NZ native mussels, ended up taking them out because they slowly moved around causing a nuisance. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.