Been lurking for ages, thought i better introduce myself :-)

Matt

Hi All,

I've been lurking for a while and thought I better introduce myself. I'm 23 and live in West Harbour, Auckland and currently have two tanks, a 24-12-15 in my office and a newly set-up (yesterday) 20-14-12 in my bedroom. I have a larger tank 40-20-20 which I am currently building the stand for.... this has been a rather drawn out project, two years and counting :-). You can check out a few pics of my office tank here http://www.geocities.com/i_lovebeer/index.html, I will have pictures of the other tank up in a few days.

Are there any members here of either the North Shore or Auckland fish clubs as I was thinking of joining?

Cheers,

Matt

Hi Matt,

I thought I felt someone looking over my shoulder! Must have been you :D

Yes, there are 3 clubs in Auckland. North Shore has a club that meets the 1st Tuesday of the month in the Sunnynook Community Centre, 148 Sycamore Dr, Sunnynook, 7.30pm

President is Kim Dunnett (Pupuke Aquarium) and the secretary is Sue Tremayne.

South Auckland Aquarium & Watergarden Soc (formerly Manurewa Aq & WG Soc) meet for dinner on the 2nd Monday of the month. Contact Mike for details 09 537 1791

Auckland Fishkeepers meet in the Green Bay Community Centre, 2nd Tuesday of the month, at 7.30pm. Their president is Maurice Dormer and secretary Piet Bakker.

Hi Goldie,

Thanks for the compliment on the office tank, it has had a bit of a redesign since those photos were taken. Once I've given it a bit of a clean and a prune :lol: I will take and upload some more pictures.

I haven't quite decided what to put in the home tank yet but I was thinking of keeping a pair of Kribs or other dwarf cichlids in there. Any ideas on fish or plants would be appreciated. I am hoping to go low light and no Co2 if I can get away with it. At least till after Christmas anyway.

Cheers,

Matt

Thanks Bill, the Ram is my favourite out of my fish, the only problem is trying to find him a girlfriend that he actually likes. :) I would love to breed from him, I've had him for over a year now so I might not have much time left.

Cheers,

Matt