Yet another one.... tank planning help needed

Jammos

Hi

I was just wondering how what the best way to set up a tank in a situation of it on a stand in the lounge?

I have read lots on in walls and i shed but how do you go about hiding all the pipes if it is just against a wall??

Also i have always wondered why does everyone have so many bulbs in their lights??

The tank is 600 x 500d x 1200 and only have 550 room under....

I was hoping to support corals and fish.

So is it possible to run dual filters hooked onto a protein skimmer to look after it? Dont really want a sump setup.

All help would be great thanks.

I was just wondering how what the best way to set up a tank in a situation of it on a stand in the lounge?

put stand in lounge

place tank on top of stand

fill with water

smallish tank so floor should be able to support the weight easy enough

I have read lots on in walls and i shed but how do you go about hiding all the pipes if it is just against a wall??

put them in the back?

Also i have always wondered why does everyone have so many bulbs in their lights??

requirement of most corals

So is it possible to run dual filters hooked onto a protein skimmer to look after it?

???

Dont really want a sump setup.

yes you do

[

yes you do

Spoken like a true plumbing fan :D

I run a 400L tank with no sump, I think wasp runs a similar size.. we both run a Deltec MCE600 hang on back skimmer with good results.

Anything much smaller tank-size-wise however I would go with the sump recommendation.

So is it possible to run dual filters hooked onto a protein skimmer to look after it? Dont really want a sump setup.

i have a 400l tank with two canisters and a hang on protein skimmer, it works a treat. the skimmer is a seaclone and canisters are both aqua one cf1200's. :D

I was hoping to support corals and fish.

yep the setup i have does this job. :D