KP's Tank Build

KP

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reefs Durso is absolutely silent.

they are pretty quiet, but there must be some noise generated by the air gettin sucked in.... alot of the noise from my durso was the water entering the sump, if you have a sumproom this is where most of the noise will be. mine is under the display, so was noisy as

• 2 weeks later...

Got back for my holiday on Monday. Have moved the tank into my flat and have started to reassemble it, this building is hard work :o:o . Siliconing the bulkheads and pipework. My next big project is creating a structure for the rock to sit and joining rocks for aquascaping.

Eggcrate with pvc pipe legs seams to be the norm. I have quite a few large rocks so was planning to break them up then drill holes in the rock and insert acrylic rods to make more intriguing shapes.

My main theme is a diagonal valley running across the center of the tank.

Any handy hints on aquascaping or related topics :D:D

its just like cooking rocks but in your main system. i have the same thing in my sump, i sucked out a HEAP of crap sitting on the bottom of the tank that was shed from those rocks. its clean as now, and i have left it there ready for use later when i get around to the upgrade. still, it should add somewhat to biological filtration surely?

funny thing I have some rock in storage in my sump just till it finds a new home and it is far cleaner looking than the rock in my display, no algae, good coraline growth. It has a light on it at night because of the leathers mushies etc growing on it so its not because of the keeping it in the dark.

Theres no sand in the sump and is in the display but I ran the display BB for 4-5 months before adding 1cm of sand and the rocks look the same either way.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah it full now. Just letting it settle down a bit and get the rock cranking again. Got a couple of test subjects in there today and putting my fish batch of fish in next week. Still got to get some decent aquascaping done and soundproofing my cabinet :lol: :lol:

Chuck a couple of pics up if I find a camera lying around