Large power compact lights

Jeroen

The good thing is these are 1400K so suitable for a marine tank. I can't read the brand on the picture to see where else we can get them from. Still Aus$ 79 for a 400W compatible light and no ballast needed. Just wonder how long the last.

yea the swithed on gardener do sell those exact bulbs. i hav two of them over one of my reef tanks. i cant say that they are the best lights ever invented. they have a good colour and they look bright enough but the corals dont seem to be very happy under them. the mushrooms have no colour and have shrunk away, much like my purple star polyps. My colt corals are open with polyps extended but have not growen at all since they have been under these lights. for some reason it dosent seem like the light penetrates the water very well. :( although some of the problem may be my water quality, but its not that bad. :D:D:D

I'm going to be in Melborne next month (10 July) to visit a friend, am happy to bring stuff back if anyone wants to arrange for it to be delivered to his place. But don't really want to have to carry 10 skimmers through customs, so sensible please.! PM me if you want to do it.