arowana

ludakris

Okay just to clear some stuff up here. I read an extensive article on a guy in asia who bred them. He is the only one I know of that has managed it. He didn't have a pond, just big tanks, like 6 ft x 2 x 2. And by the powers of the search function I've just found it!

http://www.fnzas.org.nz/fishroom/want-a ... t3730.html

(article at: http://www.geocities.com/asianarowana_2000/a1.htm)

Enjoy

Asian arowanas are all captive breed as its illegal to catch them in the wild cuz they are an endangered species. they all come with an certificate and is microchipped.

they are schooling fish in the wild and dont pair off, spawns like an egg scatter but rears them like a mouth Brooder.

went over to China, Hong Kong and Taiwan for my Xmas brake and visit a arowana breeding farm while i was out there. they had an display tank full of their X breeding stock and one of them was an Golden Cross Back[thy breed over 20 kinds of arowana] at least 1.5M long and 30cm thick.

Asian arowanas are all captive breed as its illegal to catch them in the wild cuz they are an endangered species. they all come with an certificate and is microchipped.

they are schooling fish in the wild and dont pair off, spawns like an egg scatter but rears them like a mouth Brooder.

went over to China, Hong Kong and Taiwan for my Xmas brake and visit a arowana breeding farm while i was out there. they had an display tank full of their X breeding stock and one of them was an Golden Cross Back[thy breed over 20 kinds of arowana] at least 1.5M long and 30cm thick.

After reading all that I hope they don't sell cross breeds. :x

Frenchy :D

After reading all that I hope they don't sell cross breeds.

if ur referring to the golden cross back that i saw the name "cross back" is a type of arro not meaning its a cross breed [although i am sure it was a cross breeding process to get to that stage from the start]. the name cross back is givin because every scale has a dark shade border and when u look straight down the fish it looks something like this XXXXXX a row of crosses on its back. very 8)