how s your marine tank?

xyyy

Power went out at 8:30. I'd put in a day of annual leave so luckily was home, but not the nice long weekend I'd hoped for! :evil:

Whole system was down for about for maybe 3 hours. Nothing makes my hair stand on end like a tank just sitting there.

I went and bought a $100 generator from the Warehouse. It's only 650W but still managed to run my heater, skimmer, return, flouros and in tank powerhead. Only item that didn't go was the halide.

I guess that raises an interesting question, if you don't have enough grunt to run all your kit, what would you have to triage? I'd say temperature and circulation would be top of my list of things to maintain.

Temperature isn't particularly important. Most things can handle significantly lower temperatures (high temps are a different story) for a reasonable amount of time.

Circulation is key. Especially in DSB systems which can have very high oxygen demands.

My priority would be:

Circulation / Airation

Temperature

Light

Power off from 8.30 till 1.30pm. One tanks anti- syphon did not shut off properly. Lost about 100 litres onto the garage floor. Took 100 litres out off my other tank (that does not have a sump) and topped it up. One pump failed to start (Seio, what a suprise).

Temperature isn't particularly important. Most things can handle significantly lower temperatures (high temps are a different story) for a reasonable amount of time.

how about the temp swing, if it is really cold you don't want your tank on ice.

I would say o2 (water movement) and temp first then the rest. lights could be off for a couple of days with little effect.