C02?

Aqua

Now that I've set my tank up again, I'm looking for C02 options...

I was looking at : http://www.shopsolution.nl/shop/home.as ... id=pagina6

but the prices are in GB Pounds, so I'm assuming that it's a British site! Does anyone know of C02 systems similar to this in NZ? If so, can I please have a link, or an address, and/or price?

Cheers :D

I am not sure if they have exactly what you are looking for. www.hagen.com go to this site then aquatic then to basic aquarium care and there is a section on CO2 in the aquarium. Their CO2 set up works on the injection system. Hagen can be bought through any LFS in New Zealand and if you are fortunate to have trade connections..........................

Also under their basic care guide is an article on plants in the aquarium. I find this a really good site for basic fish keeping.

• 3 weeks later...

Once you've got the DIY C02 generator made, you need to get the C02 to mix with the water right?

Do you think that putting the airhose (that brings the C02 in) onto the bottom of the filter output? That way any bubbles would be carried along by the current, and hopefully would diffuse a lot more than if the pipe was just inserted into the water?

If I decided to use a bell though, would I need to have the filter output near it to create a good current, or if there already appears to be a good current throughout the tank, would that suffice, d'ya think?

So many questions!!!

Lots of current is ok as long as there is no surface ripple. It is CO² exchange at the surface that needs to be minimised.

Had a look at the electrolysis CO² unit. Wouldn't go near it at that cost. Its about $300 + freight to buy + $60 every 2-3 months or so.

My CO² cost $160 to set up + $9 per month to rent a 6.8kg bottle. A bottle lasts 2.5-3 years depending on plant growth wanted. A fill costs $25.

My tank is just under 1200L so lots of CO² is used.

Work it out, - renting a bottle and buying a proper regulator is by far the cheapest option. DIY is cheaper, but no guarantee of constant or controlled flow plus regular changing of culture...